Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

March 11th - Paris to Brussels

We got up early today to catch our train. It's a good thing that I can back track the way we came. No one ever believes me but I'm obvi the best with directions :) We took the M4 to the station. It was SO cold at the station!! We had to just wait until they posted the train platform number. We found out that retard means late in French! 

The train ride was only a couple hours so it wasn't too bad at all. Once we got it, like usual there was a freak out. We found our way finally and got to the taxis. We had to take two taxis with all of our luggage! Ha!

Once we got to the hotel, holy hell, we're on the top floor with no elevators. Awesome! So we went up 5 floors. Rough.

We had to go find our way around to catch the train to the central to catch the hop on hop off. What's interesting is that Belgium credit cards have chips on that so they don't slide. So we couldn't get the tickets. Then what's even more interesting is that places only can give you 5 euro in change at a time! Thank god we had enough change after the 5 in change!!

It was snowing pretty badly at this point so we went to a bar to get a beer and go to the water closet (bathroom). The beer was amazing! I haven't drank so many beers before this trip. 

We found the hop on hop off. Have I mentioned it's the best way to see a city in a short time? It's also one fee for the ticket so it's easier to get around.  I ended up falling asleep an would wake up at stops to take pictures. I am getting wiped out for sure! 

We got off at the manekenpis fountain. It's what my mom wanted to see while we're there. It's a dude holding his dick pissing. Lol. After pictures, we got waffles. There are little waffle shops everywhere. They blew my freaking mind so damn good!!! The one we tried as the sugar pearl one, its heavier. I had nutella, strawberries, and whip cream. It was so much fun. We went into a souvenir shop and got my shot glass. 

Walking, we found the waffle factory. You know I had to get another one, lol. They had waffle sandwiches. I had the one with bacon and cheese. Then I had another Nutella and strawberries. I know it's believable that I ate it all myself, but I shared it with Derek :) 

We walked to the shopping area. I got two pairs of flats. Super cute and only 12.99 euro each! I met the boys at the bar. The opening was super cute and almost Harry potter like haha. We had a couple beers and mom and mc met us there. Then we went to a Danish bar that was actually sold to some Bangladesh family. We thought it was funny. We got drinks and fries, lol. Mc had her first drink, a PiƱa colada. Mom asked them to make a baileys milkshake haha. Everywhere here doesn't understand why she orders baileys and a glass of milk haha. 

We got another waffle for our walk home, haha. I wish I had a bigger stomach so I could eat waffles every minute of the day haha. 

Got home and packed :( another country down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment